- Personal identification information
- We may collect personal identification information from our users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site or apps, register on the site or apps, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Service.
- By using Wit, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data and information related to the provision of our Service.
- Information that you provide
- In order to register for a Wit account, you must use a valid phone number that is capable of receiving SMS.
- When you edit your Wit profile, you may provide us with photos, personal information, your social handles on other platforms, and your e-mail address for Paypal cashouts. If you contact one of our customer service representatives, you provide us with the content of that communication as well.
- Non-personal identification information
- We may collect non-personal identification information about our users whenever they interact with our Service.
- It can be collected in a variety of ways that are described below:
- We automatically collect information that could include your IP address, device ID and type, browser name, operating system, and Internet service provider from your device or browser whenever you interact with the Service.
- Wit may allow service providers, advertising companies, ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These third parties may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We only provide anonymized personal information to third parties.
- Wit reserves the right to use Google Analytics and any other data analytics service to collect and analyze data pertaining to our Service.
- How we use it
- Wit may collect and use users’ personal information for many purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- To personalize user experience, we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site or apps
- To process payments, we may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order
- To send periodic emails, we may use the email address for reasons such as, but not limited to, responding to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- To provide and improve our services, make special offers, customize services for you, better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems, and sell and display offers and ads that may be relevant to you
- To share generic aggregated demographic information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for purposes including, but not limited to, the sale of advertisements and the seeking of investments
- How we protect your information
- Wit is committed to protecting the information of all of our users, but it should be understood that no system is ever entirely secure and that under no circumstance should you expect that any of your information should always remain secure, especially in the event of a malicious attack. You have a responsibility to take care with how you handle and disclose your own personal information within our Service.
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site and apps.
- We are not responsible if that data is lost, altered, compromised, or exposed by a malicious attack out of our control.
- Compliance with children’s privacy
- Wit is a Service intended for people above the age of 18. We never knowingly collect or maintain information in our Service from those we actually know are under the age of 18.
- Legal consent
- Wit is not responsible for any interpersonal legal issues, including, but not limited to, sexual acts, violent acts, abusive acts, both physically and psychologically, and power-based quarrels.
- Any items of Wit merchandise are not guaranteed to be safe, and Wit, Inc. is not responsible for any damages, personal or otherwise, that occur from the use or possession of such merchandise.
- Wit cares deeply about our users’ happiness and psychological well being, especially during time they spend on our Service. Wit’s employees do their best to moderate any content that may be deemed inappropriate. However, Wit does not guarantee that the Site or apps are clean of any inappropriate material, including, but not limited to, text, pictures, and Users. Wit is not responsible for any inappropriate content on its site or for any damages incurred from such content.
- Contacting us
This document was last updated on September 25, 2018.
Welcome to Wit, operated by Wit, Inc. (The “Company,” “Wit,” “we,” or “us”).
- This Agreement is an electronic contract that establishes the legally binding terms you must accept to use the Service. Remember that by accessing this application on Web or mobile platforms, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you may be prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- By accessing and using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to use the Service and abide by all of the terms and conditions presented to you in this Agreement.
- If you access our Service from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Service.
- Registering for Wit
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one (1) copy of the materials (information or software) on Wit's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Wit's web site or Wit’s mobile apps; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Wit at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Termination of this Agreement
- This agreement will remain valid and in full effect while you use the Service and/or have a Wit account. You may disable your account at any time, for any reason, by contacting us at [email protected]
- Wit maintains the right to terminate or suspend your account at any time without notice of the Company believes that you have breached this Agreement, or for any other reason, with or without cause, in its sole discretion.
- Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees for in app purchases. Wit is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited by law from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your account.
- Your interactions with other Users
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users.
- You understand that the company currently does not inquire into the backgrounds of all of its users or attempt to verify the accuracy of the information provided by its users. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of our users and we reserve the right to conduct any criminal background check or other screenings at any time.
- Wit is not responsible for the conduct of any user. In no event will Wit, its affiliates, or its partners be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising out of user of our Service.
- You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you agree to meet in person or communicate using a different service.
- You should not provide your financial information or send any money to other users of Wit. The only time Wit will ever inquire about anything financial is if you attempt to cash out your winnings, in which you must provide a valid PayPal account for us to send the money to.
- Content created by you, the User, in our Service
- You are solely responsible for any and all content and information that you make available on the Service (hereinafter, “post”). This includes text messages, chats, photographs, and profile text (hereinafter, “content”).
- You are prohibited from posting any content that is offensive, vulgar, racist, profane, threatening, or illegal, or any material that infringes or violates another person’s rights.
- You represent and warrant that:
- All information that you submit upon creation of your account is accurate and truthful and that you will update any information should its accuracy or truthfulness change at any time for any reason,
- You have the right to post the content on the Service should it follow the above regulations.
- You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any and all content that you post in our Service and reserve the right to remove any and all of aforementioned content at our sole discretion.
- By posting content to our Service, you grant Wit, our affiliates, licensees, and successors an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide right and licence to use, copy, store, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify, and distribute the content you post and incorporate the content into other works.
- In addition to the types of content prohibited in Section 7(b) above, the following is a list of some, but not all, of the content that is prohibited from being posted to our Service:
- Advocating harassment or intimidation of another person
- Promoting racism, hatred, bigotry, or physical harm against any group or individual
- Involving “spamming,” “trolling,” or similar activities
- Containing false or misleading information
- Containing material that exploits people in a sexual, violent, or other illegal manner
- Containing instructional resources about illegal activities
- Containing viruses, trojans, or other harmful materials
- Containing any material that Wit determines to be harmful to other users
- Wit reserves the right to investigate and take any available legal action against anyone who violates any of the provisions outlined in 7.
- You agree that Wit may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and any content that you’ve ever posted if required by law to do so or if we believe, at our sole discretion, that we should need to do so.
- You agree that any other user or person participating in the Service may view any content you post to our Service.
- Prohibited Activities
- Below is a list of some, but not all, of the actions that you may not engage in with respect to our Service. You will not:
- Post any content prohibited in Section 7
- Stalk or harass any user
- Use Wit in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act
- In any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents
- Interfere or disrupt the Service or its servers or networks
- Post or transmit any material containing software viruses, trojans, or other code designed to interfere in any way with software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment
- Impersonate any person, user, or entity, especially, but not limited to, a member of the Wit team
- Reproduce any part of our Service without our prior written authorization
- Screen scrape or data mine any content or information obtained from the Service unless it is within accordance of this Agreement
- Non-commercial use of our Service
- Wit is intended for personal use only. Users may not use the Service or any of its content in connection with any commercial endeavors. Such endeavors may include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell products or services not offered by Wit,
- Soliciting other users to attend events
- Users of this Service may not use any information obtained through the Service to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent.
- Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use Wit for any purpose, without prior permission.
- Wit reserves the right to investigate and/or take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service.
- Account Security
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the phone number you designate for your account upon registration with our Service. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
- You agree to immediately notify the Company if anyone else has unauthorized access to your account or if any other breach of security occurs. You can contact us at [email protected]
- Wit has not reviewed all of the sites and apps linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or app. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Wit of the site. Use of any such linked web site or app is at the user's own risk.
- Proprietary Rights
- Wit owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Service and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other intellectual property rights related thereto.
- You agree not to copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trade names, service marks, or any other intellectual property of the Service without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or the owner of such intellectual property.
- Wit does not tolerate the uploading of or creation of inappropriate content within the platform. Wit uses moderators to remove inappropriate content, which can include, but is not limited to, pornographic material. Users can flag and report objectionable content they see within the mobile app. Reported content will be reviewed within 24 hours, and users who publish said content may be removed from the service.
- Governing Law
- Any claim relating to Wit's web site or mobile apps shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site or mobile app.
- Customer Service
- Wit will provide you with assistance through our customer service representatives. However, while communicating with them, you agree not to be abusive, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate towards them. If, at our sole discretion, we find your behavior to be inappropriate in any way, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account and take any available legal action.
- Changes to our Service
- Wit reserves the right to modify or discontinue any part of the Service with or without notice for any amount of time.
- You agree that Wit will not be liable to you for any change we make to our Service.
- Revisions and Errata
- The materials appearing on Wit's web site or mobile apps could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Wit does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Wit may make changes to the materials contained on its web site or mobile apps at any time without notice. Wit does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- The material and content on Wit's web site and mobile apps are provided “as is”. Wit makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Furthermore, Wit does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or mobile apps or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Wit is never, under any circumstances, responsible or liable for any losses or damages resulting directly or indirectly from your use of our Service.
This document was last updated on September 25, 2018.
Welcome to Wit, operated by Wit Labs, Inc. (The “Company,” “Wit,” “we,” or “us”).
By accessing the Wit application or its website found at getwit.app, whether through a mobile device, mobile application, or computer (collectively, the “Service”) you (the “User”) agree to be bound by these Contest Rules (this “Agreement”), whether or not you create a Wit account, and whether or not you participate in one of our contests. If you wish to create a Wit account and use our Service, you must read and agree to these Contest Rules.
Apple Inc. is not a sponsor of, or otherwise affiliated with, any contests on our Service.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Contest Description: We run contest multiple times per month and make the rules available within our app. Each contest has a different start date and duration, and each contest has a different payout structure to winners. Our first contest begins on September 25th 2018 at 12am EST and ends on October 12th 2018 at 5pm EST (“Promotion Period”). Further contests and associated payout structures will be announced via our mobile app.
The sponsor of this contest is Wit Labs, Inc ("Sponsor"). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the "Promotion Entities"), are ineligible to enter the contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Grand Prize: 5-10 unique winners will receive anywhere from $250-$20 each, based on our payout structure for the given contest. A simulated payout structure would look as follows:
1st place: $250, 2nd place: $150, 3rd place: $100, 4th-6th place: $30, 7th-10 th place: $15
Voters who vote for the 1st place video will also split a prize pot of equal value to the 1st place prize described above.
Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Contest during the Promotion Period online by opening the Wit app and doing the following:
- Upload your video to the Wit app, and wait for it to be approved. Your video must be on topic for the weekly challenge, and the Sponsor has full discretion on whether or not that holds true for your video.
- Share with your friends and post on other social media platforms to get as many votes as you can.
- The creators with the most votes by the end of the Promotion Period will win prizes, as described above. Voters who vote for the top video will also win prizes.
- We will transfer your winnings to your PayPal account, after you have cashed out via our app.
- Videos with any watermark from other platforms/apps, or uploaded outside the challenge time will be disqualified. Any attempt to cheat in the competition will also be disqualified.
- ONLY ORIGINAL CONTENT IS ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE CHALLENGE.
- You have to be the original creator of your video, and we reserve the right to validate your originality. The video has to be posted on Wit first. Any video that has been posted on other platforms/apps prior to being posted on Wit will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the Promotion Period.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, phone numbers, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/ subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by push notification and in-app notification around the end of the Promotion Period. Potential Winner must cash out their prize as directed by Sponsor within 14 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor the Wit app.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for:
- (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
- (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this contest;
- (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest;
- (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof;
- (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the contest.
11. SPONSOR CONTACT: [email protected]